Remote crane safety. Remote control crane safety is highly affected by crane driver’s operation. How to run your overhead crane safely by remote control? Check the Remote control overhead crane safety tips now.
Crane driver is the important factor for the overhead crane running and traveling. A skilled Crane driver can make the crane work more easily and get twofold results with half the effort.
It is the basic for crane driver’s to master the basic components of the remote control overhead crane which will be operated. Let’s see the main components drawing of remote controlled overhead crane now.
20 ton remote control overhead crane component drawing for reference
Remote control overhead crane drivers to care for the safety of themselves and anyone working in the area of the remote crane.
Remote control overhead crane safety
Any problems with the overhead crane to be reported immediately so that it can be fixed.
Remote control overhead crane safety
1. Make sure the main switch is off and place your tag on it.
2. Make sure the bridge is clear and inspect the remoted overhead crane for loose material.
Remote control overhead crane safety - Before switching on power
3. Check that the hoist ropes are positioned correctly on the drum and sheaves; When the hook block is fully lowered, ensure there is a minimum of 2 turns of hoist rope on the drum.
Remote control overhead crane safety - On hoist rope drum
4. Any obvious mechanical problem to be reported to your supervisor immediately.
5. After making these checks and if everything is clear, switch on the main isolating switch, remove your tag and press the start button.
1.Full current limit switch tripped.
Remote control overhead crane safety on winch
2. Normal operation of full current limit switch and any problem please notify your supervisor.
Remote control overhead crane safety - on electric hoist winch
3. Crane brake test
Remote control overhead crane safety - on crane brake testing
Keeping fingers clear when lifting
Don't stand under loads
Ensure the hoist hook block is directly above the load.
Avoid creating a swinging motion on the load whilst handling, chase and catch a swinging load
According to the shapes, weight, sizes, and featues of the lifting loads, the remote crane driver's has the responsibility's to make sure the right lifting devices or below the hook lifting devices are selected accordingly.
When lifting flat products, it is better to use the carrier beam to lifting to ensure safety.
Remote control overhead crane safety on lifting flat loads, sheets, etc.
Remote control overhead crane safety on using eyebolts
Remote control overhead crane safety on lifting long and loose bundles
Remote control overhead crane safety on driver's visual singals
Crane slings is also important when the remote overhead crane safet is concerned. The inspection of the slings is also part of the job for daily inspection. Generally, the crane slings such as, chain sling, wire rope sling, and synthetic slings and other types should be inpsected carefully.
Some General inspection on the crane slings
Remote control overhead crane safety on wire rope slings
Remote control overhead crane safety on lifting chains
Remote control overhead crane safety on sling abuses
1. Everyone in the immediate vicinity is clear of the load and aware that the load is being moved.
2. Gently take up the slack before lifting.
3. Operate controls slowly and gradually.
4. If load swing, "chase" and "catch" the load.
5. Never leave a suspended load unattended, even for short period.
6. Nobody stands under the load.
7. Always lift load using center of hook.
8. Always place hook directly above the loads center
9. Never place hook block on the ground or load.
10. When traveling with load, accelerate and brake gently.
11. Travel with load as close to ground as possible and keep speed to a minimum.
12. Have unobstructed view of load, chaser and work area.
13. Work only at areas that are well illuminated.
14. When walking with a load, walk behind and beside the load. Guide load with palm of the hand and do not hold the slings.
15. Suspended load must not be left untended.
16. Lower load and remove slings from hook.
17. Raise hook to a safe level (~2.5 meters)
18. Remove all slings and other lifting gears from the load and store them appropriately.
19. Switch the remote unit off and place it in a safe or designated position.
If you have any questions about the above Crane drivers' skills, please do not hesitate to contact us.